Do you want to apply and get the NNPC/TOTAL scholarship scheme for 2022?
During my last days of 100 level class, I applied for the Total scholarship scheme. To my surprise, I was shortlisted to come and write a screening test a month after application.
I wrote the examination and boy, the experience wasn’t funny. The NNPC/TOTAL scholarship examination consists of English, Mathematics, General knowledge, and logical reasoning.
The logical reasoning aspect was what took me off guard. I can’t say whether it was the headache I was experiencing or my lack of proper sleep, but I wasn’t reasoning very well.
To cut the story short, I didn’t get the scholarship. But maybe you will. In this article, I will explain all the registration procedures for Total scholarship as well as how to do everything required.
What is NNPC/Total scholarship
The operator of the OML 130, Total Energies Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI), is looking for talented Nigerian students to apply to its 2021/2022 NNPC/Total Energies National Merit Scholarship Scheme.
With this prize, which is open to all first- and second-year full-time students, regardless or their field of study, the university hopes to assist bright Nigerian students in funding their educations.
Candidates who have been awarded a scholarship through the Scholarship Scheme are eligible to receive annual awards for the duration of their degree program, regardless of when they were awarded the scholarship (first or second year).
Only online applications are accepted for the NNPC/Total scholarship.
An overview of the NNPC/Total Scholarship Program
- NNPC/Total Energies are the official scholarship sponsors.
- Nigerian universities serve as the host institution.
- Total scholarship pays One Hundred Thousand Naira every year till graduation
- Examine students in University from Levels 100 and 200
- Requires a minimum C.G.P.A. of 2.50
- Applicants Nationality must be Nigerian
- Starting on October 27, 2021, you can apply for the program.
- On November 20, 2021, the application ends.
- Saturday, January 22, 2022 is the exam date.
- 8:00 a.m., Monday through Friday
The NNPC/Total Scholarship Application Website.
At 8 a.m. on January 22nd, 2022, the NNPC/TotalEnergies Scholarship examination will be held at several test centers.
The email address you provided in your scholarship application will be used to shortlist participants for the exam.
The following are the prerequisites for taking the NNPC/Total Scholarship test:
- Your student ID card at the university (Not a Library Card)
- Your email invitation letter in print form.
- A pen, a pencil, a sharpener, and an eraser
Please be aware that examination centers do not allow the use of personal electronic devices such as cell phones, calculators, or watches.
National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)/Total Scholarship Requirements
- Be a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in an accredited Nigerian institution of higher learning.
- At the time of application, you must be a 100 or 200 level student.
- Show proof of a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- UTME scores must be shown. Proof of UTME scores must be shown.
- Please produce a copy of your letter of acceptance from the college or university, as well as your high school diploma or transcript.
- Make sure you have an A-level or equivalent certificate on hand (for direct entry students)
In order to apply for the scholarship program, you must not fall into the following categories:
- Applicants with a UTME score of less than 200 are ineligible.
- Students with a grade point average (GPA) of less than 2.50 on a five-point scale.
- Do not apply if you’re a 300-level student or above
- No need to apply if you are already a recipient of a similar award from another company or government agency.
Instructions on How to Apply for a NNPC/TOTAL Scholarship 2022
The NNPC/Total scholarship application process can be found here.
- The NNPC/Total Scholarship Portal can be accessed here.
- Select “Apply for Scholarship” from the drop-down menu.
- Click here to create an account or login.
- Begin the scholarship registration process by providing your personal information.
- To make sure you’re not a robot, click the Captcha box.
- Simply press the Register button.
- Make sure your email address is correct by checking your inbox.
- Continue the registration process by logging onto your NNPC/Total Scholarship account.
Important things to know concerning NNPC/Total scholarships
IE9+, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari are the recommended browsers to utilize for this scholarship application.
Make sure you’ve entered all of the information correctly. There is no way for you to be considered for this scholarship if you lie on your application. If you are awarded a scholarship but later learn that you provided incorrect information on your application, your award will be revoked. False remarks may also be considered fraud.
Timeframe for the Entire Scholarship Program
Today, Wednesday, October 27, 2021, is the first day to apply for the NNPC/Total Scholarship. The deadline is Saturday, November 20, 2021.
There will be a selection test on Saturday, January 22, 2022, at predetermined locations across the country to determine the best candidates.
Only candidates who have been shortlisted for the exam have been given the opportunity to reschedule.
- Transportation to and from the test site is the responsibility of the candidates.
- Choosing a testing center near your home or workplace is therefore a good idea.
- For the selection test, only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
Important things to know about the NNPC/TOTAL scholarship Screening test
- The examination is conducted by WAEC
- The examination is held in the six zones of Nigeria
- It is paper test so you’d need to carry along good pencils, eraser and other things that will help you.
- It has 4 sections: English, mathematics and logical reasoning.
- Sleep well before going and ensure you think critically. The logical questions may try to confuse you but do not give in.